5th Missouri Volunteer Infantry
5th Missouri Volunteer Infantry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Jefferson Barracks, Mo., May 18, 1898, with 49 officers and 976 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Second Brigade, Second Division, Third Army Corps, May 27
- Assigned to First Brigade, Third Division, First Army Corps, August 28
- Left Jefferson Barracks May 25; arrived at Chickamauga, Ga., May 27
- Left Chickamauga August 27; arrived at Lexington, Ky., August 28
- Left Lexington September 6; arrived at Kansas City, Mo., September 8
- Furloughed for thirty days September 15
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Kansas City, Mo., November 9, 1898, with 47 officers and 1,207 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 16; deserted, 17.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581