3rd U.S. Volunteer Cavalry
3rd U.S. Volunteer Cavalry (1898-1898) - Organized and mustered into the service of the United States at Fort Meade (1) and Sioux Falls, S. Dak; Missoula, Miles City, Butte, and Billings, Mont.; Fargo, N. Dak.; and.Lincoln, Nebr., May 12 to 23, 1898, with 45 officers and 961 enlisted men.
- Assigned to Cavalry Brigade, First Army Corps, May 23
- Regiment arrived at Ohickamauga, Ga., May 23
Mustered out of the service of the United States at Chickamauga, Ga., September 8, 1898, with 45 officers and 936 enlisted men. Casualties while in service: Officers-none. Enlisted men-died of disease, 9; deserted, 4.
- Correspondence Relating to the War with Spain, Center for Military History, U.S. Army, Vol 1
- The Organization of the Army during the Spanish-American War, page 509
- Organization of Volunteers, page 581